Illinois Concealed Carry - Renewal
The Four Firearms Handling Rules are emphasized at all times:
1. Always treat a firearm as if it were loaded
2. Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and have made the decision to shoot
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
1. does not follow the orders of the certified firearms instructor
2. in the judgment of the certified instructor, handles a firearm in a manner that poses a danger to the student or to others
3. during the range firing portion of testing fails to hit the target with 70% of the rounds fired.
Students are expected to provide:
1. concealable handgun of their choice in a safe, properly functioning order, plus at least two magazines for semi autos
2. 100 rounds of factory practice ammunition in the appropriate caliber for their firearm
3. a quality, strong side holster designed for the specific model of handgun brought to class, and a stiff belt of sufficient width (other holsters and concealed carry products may be brought for comparison if desired)
4. firearms cleaning supplies
5. eye and ear protection
6. cover garment (jacket, sweat shirt, etc), hat if desired, rain gear, sun screen, and insect spray
7. water &/or fluids, appropriate gear for comfort, required medications
8. Illinois FOID card or drivers license.
The instructor will provide:
Good coffee, snacks, targets, target pasters, additional cleaning supplies for use in class and samples to take home, classroom handouts, a certificate of successful completion upon meeting course requirements.
What is not included: application fees to the State of Illinois (currently $150 for in state applicants, $300 for out of state), fingerprints or fees.
NOTE: training is open only to non-prohibited persons as described by the State of Illinois and the ATF, who are legal U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents ('green card' holders) per ITAR restrictions (22 CFR 120-130).
Members and supporters of domestic or foreign terror organizations are NOT welcome, and will depart immediately if encountered - may we suggest a one way trip to North Korea.